Our customers are:
- Network operators
- Rolling stock manufacturers
- Universities and research centres
- European authorities (UNIFE, UIC, ERA…)
Transport leader in sustainable and efficient development, the rail industry is confronted with enormous challenges, and as it grows, so does the importance of passenger safety and comfort and network interoperability.
In this context, our solutions are used for :
- the definition, ergonomics and standardisation of equipment and driver’s desks
- train driving research
- the definition of operational procedures, in particular concerning safety with the ERTMS system
- the specification and validation of rolling stock sub-systems.
OKTAL offers diversified solutions to suit all customer requirements.
Expertise and production of specific tools
OKTAL offers services in simulation either through onsite expertise or through contractual developments.
Our strength is in being doubly skilled in terms of simulation and our customers’ business.
Our offer is based on the central OKSimRail™ software.
OKTAL offers two types of driving simulators:
- desktop simulator for functional definition and validation of equipment
- cabin simulator for ergonomics and functional definition of the driver’s desk.
Usage of the driving simulator
OKTAL made SIMUFER
for SNCF, the first rail research simulator in Europe.With special permission from SNCF, OKTAL rents out the SIMUFER simulator for experiments and trials. This service can also include egonomicists and drivers if necessary.
Feedback experience in simulation methods used for research in several different industrial sectors (Aeronautics, automotive, rail,...).
A wide usage of the SIMUFER
simulator via our partner SNCF .
OKSimRail™ software, the main software of our driving simulators, includes in particular a complete modelling of the ERTMS2 safety system.