Our Customers are universities or public and private laboratories.
The missions of these research institutes are to do research and technological development on improving transport methods and traffic systems from a technological, economical, and societal point of view. Accordingly, the applications concern the safety of road transport infrastructures and road safety.
These organisations are also implied upstream in the design of driver assistance systems (comfort or safety) concerning at the same time ergonomics, MMI and acceptability.
With teams made up of specialists from different scientific backgrounds, OKTAL is able to come up with solutions for a controlled simulation environment which can assess the driver in a reproducible way
Research focuses on:
- The driver (ergonomics and MMI, behaviour, tiredness, hypovigilance, drug influence)
- The vehicle or its subsystems (ADAS, vehicle dynamics…)
- The driving environment (infrastructures, Intelligent Transportation Systems, traffic conditions…)
OKTAL adapts its level of intervention according to the client’s needs. This can be for providing a turnkey simulation system or for providing just a software solution.
SCANeR™ studio Software
Our Offer is based on the SCANeR™ studio version of the SCANeR™ (www.scanersimulation.com
), a tool box which enables the user to adapt the configuration depending on the technical or financial requirements.
SCANeR™studio, "All-in-One", is based on a unique concept for :
- editing the necessary data for your experiment via one tool according to 4 subjects: the vehicle, the environment, the driver, and the simulation,
- federating the whole of the different disciplines intervening in the vehicle synthesis,
- interfacing your software tools,
- having all the models/functions necessary for your simulation, with a first level of definition combined with the capacity to define in detail the model of your study.
The strength of SCANeR™
studio is also its User Group
which enables you to consolidate your requirements and make the most of feedback.
According to customer requirements, OKTAL defines the necessary configuration for those needs.
Depending on their status, customers may be entitled to a university discount.
Range of Driving Simulators
OKTAL has a range of driving simulators which exploit the software SCANeR™ studio
Our different models offer a level of immersion adapted to the experiments or trials to be made and to the budgetary constraints, whilst at the same time guaranteeing the technical features needed for the quality of a driving simulator :
- Reliability (use of industrial parts which have been tried and tested),
- optimisation of the transport delay,
- traffic intelligent models,,
- force-feedback control device.
The heritage of software from research projects carried out with partners known for their expertise :
A capacity to provide driving simulators which meet specific customer requirements, especially in terms of technical features.